MINISTRY OF LAROUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 5th October, 2012
G.S.R. 744(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by section 5, read with sub-section (1) of section of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952). the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme further to amend the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952, namely:
1. (I) This Scheme may be called the Employees’ Provident Funds (Fourth Amendment) Scheme, 2012.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 (hereinafter, referred to as the principal Scheme), under paragraph 83 relating to special provisions in respect of International/Workers.
(a) in paragraph 69 of the principal Scheme" as modified by para 6 of aforesaid paragraph 83, for sub-paragraph (4). the following sub-paragraph shall be substituted, namely:“
(4) In respect of a member covered under social security agreement entered into between Government of India and any other country, on ceasing to be an employee in an establishment covered under the Act.”;
(b) in paragraph 72 of the principal Scheme, as modified by para 7 of aforesaid paragraph 83, for sub-paragraph (2), the following sub-paragraph shall be substituted, namely:“
(2) The due amount in respect of the member shall be payable in the payees bank account directly or through the employer”.
[IF, No. S-35025/09/2011-SS-ll]
RAVI MATHUR.Addl. Secy.
Foot Note : The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 was published in e Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), vide number S.RO. 1509, dated the 2nd September, 1952 and lastly amended vide number G.S.R. 382(E), dated the 24th May, 2012.