The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has made the following modifications to the instructions for booking air tickets on the Government account in respect of Leave Travel Concession (LTC):
- Authorized travel agents (ATAs) must display the details of the flight having the cheapest fare and the flight(s) having the fare 10% more than the cheapest fare only, in the desired time slot, at the time of booking.
- The booking of an air ticket on the website of any of the three ATAs will itself be a proof that the ticket was booked at the cheapest fare.
- All ATAs will indicate the word "LTC" on tickets issued for LTC journeys.
- Government employees who are eligible for air travel under the Special Dispensation Scheme directly from their headquarters/place of posting to the place of visit in NER/J&K/A&N/Ladakh must retain the print-out of the concerned webpage having flight and fare details of the flight for the relevant railhead.
- If flight tickets are not available in the same slot, the print-out of the details of the flights available in the next slot may be retained.
- All ATAs are now allowed to register employees who do not have official email accounts, provided their administrative office sends their details to the ATAs for the purpose of booking LTC air tickets.
Benefits of the New Instructions
- The new instructions make it easier for government employees to book air tickets for LTC journeys.
- Employees no longer need to retain screenshots of the concerned webpage of the ATAs to prove that they booked the cheapest fare.
- Employees who do not have official email accounts can now register with ATAs and book LTC air tickets.
Overall, the new instructions are a welcome move that will simplify and streamline the process of booking air tickets for LTC journeys for government employees.
Read the order here