- There were a No of issues which come into effect when both husband and wife are defence personnel or one of them is a defence person and other is a Central Govt employee. The issues also included whether one or both parents can be made members of the ECHS.
- We had taken up the case with the MOD and clarifications have been issued vide MOD letter No 22(20)05/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 10 Feb 2006(copy attached). In brief it contains the following clarifications:-
- When Both Husband and Wife are Defence Pensioners
- Only one has to give ECHS contribution.
- Both can cover their respective parents by making two ECHS contributions.
- When one is a defence person and other is a Central Govt employee, the latter has the choice to withdraw from CGHS when the spouse becomes a member of the ECHS.
Dont forget to share this post