HTC has launched two budget mobiles the Desire 620 Dual SIM and the Desire 620G Dual SIM. The phones will go on sale starting December 1 in Taiwan at TWD 6,990 (roughly Rs.14,000) and mid-December at TWD 4,990 (roughly Rs. 9,990) respectively. The handsets' global availability details are not known yet.
Both devices are dual-SIM smartphones with similar specifications except for the network connectivity, processors and the inbuilt storage expansion limit. The 4G-enabled HTC Desire 620 Dual SIM is powered by a 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, same which was used in HTC Desire 510 previously, and supports storage expansion via microSD card (up to 128GB). The 3G-supporting HTC Desire 620G Dual SIM is backed by a 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with storage expansion support via microSD card (up to 32GB).
Both the Android 4.4 KitKat-based Desire 620 Dual SIM and Desire 620G Dual SIM feature a 5-inch IPS display with HD (720x1280 pixels) resolution, 1GB of RAM, Sense 6 UI, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front-facing camera with BSI sensor, HTC Eye Experience, 8GB of inbuilt storage, and a 2100mAh removable battery. Other connectivity features include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS.
Measuring 150.1x72.7x9.6mm, both HTC Desire 620 Dual-SIM and Desire 620G Dual-SIM weigh 160 grams and also sport the company's iconic design with dual front-facing speakers. While the Desire 620 Dual-SIM is available in Milky-way, Grey and Santorini White colour variants, the Desire 620G Dual-SIM will be available in Marble White and Grey colour variants.
HTC Desire 620 Dual SIM Specifications
- Android v4.4 (Kitkat) OS with HTC Sense 6 User Interface
- Dual SIM (Micro SIM + Micro SIM) Support with 4G LTE
- 5-inch HD IPS capacitive touch screen with 1280 x 720 pixels and 294 PPI
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A53 Processor (MSM8916 Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset, Adreno 306 GPU)
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 5 MP front-facing camera
- NFC connectivity
- Dual front stereo speakers, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2100mAh Li-Ion removable battery