Rail Budget 2015 - Highlights
- No increase in passenger fares
- No new trains announced
- Tickets can be booked 120 days in advance instead of 60 days to tackle tout menace
- Outlay for passenger amenities increased by 67%
- Plan expenditure to go up to a record Rs 1.1 lakh crore in 2015-16 from Rs 66,000 crore in the previous year
- We will introduce train sets saving 20% of journey time, similar to bullet trains in design, and that can run on existing tracks
- The speed passenger trains across nine corridors will be increased to 160-200 km from 110 km
- SMS alert to be introduced for train timings
- To introduce air-conditioned coaches for suburban trains
- Wi-fi to be available at 400 railway stations
- To revamp station redevelopment policy completely
- To have bidding system for redevelopment of stations
- To develop 10 satellite railway stations this year
- 800 km of gauge conversion will be commissioned
- E-catering introduced in 108 trains, can order on IRCTC website
- To expand water vending machines on more stations
- On-board entertainment facility could be extended on Shatabdi trains
- Mobile charging stations will be introduced general class coaches
- More general class coaches will be added to select trains for benefit of the common man
- Railways plans to spend over Rs 8 lakh crore over five years
- Pension funds, multi-lateral banks have evinced interest in Railways
- Proposed the best operating ratio in nine years, of 88.5 per cent for 2015-16
- Railways to go through transformation in five years; to increase track capacity by 10 per cent to 1.38 lakh km
- Feasibility report of high speed train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad expected by mid-2015
- Wagon-making scheme to be reviewed to make it easier for private investment
- To improve cleanliness & design of bed linen
- All India 24x7 grievances helpline 138 to start soon
- 7,000 more toilets to be replaced by Bio-Toilets, New toilets at 650 stations, more vaccum toilets
- Passenger travelling unreserved can procure a ticket within 5 minutes
- Mobile application to address complaints of people is also being developed
- Introduction of integrated ticketing will be done
- Hand-held devices for ticket checkers for moving towards paperless ticketing
- Centrally managed railway display network in over 2000 stations in next 2 years
- Railways will play a big role in socio-economic development of the country
- Railways carry a big burden of expectations
- Investments in railways will have multiplier effect
- Railways facilities have not improved significantly over last few years
- The cycle of under-investment should end
- Railways has to regain in share in freight traffic
- Railways aims to deliver a sustainable improvement in customer experience and make rail a safer means of travel
- Objective is to make Railways self-sustainable
- Rail-cum-road ticket to be extended to many stations
- We are committed to provide rail connectivity to North Eastern states
- Transport Logistic Corporation of India to be set up to aid expanding freight handling capacity and provide end-to-end logistic solutions
- PPP model will help to augment resources and generate more employment
- 6608 kms of track to be electrified
- Projects worth Rs 96,182 crore to expand capacity of 9,420 km rail lines
- CCTVs to be introduced in select trains and suburban trains for women safety
- Train Protection Warning System, Train Collision Avoidance System
- Projects for rail connectivity to many ports and mines
- To monetise assets rather than sell them
- To set up full-fledged Railway University in FY16
- Rs.2000 crore for Coastal Connectivity Program; Rs.2500 crore through BOT/Annuity route
- Drawing up comprehensive policy to tap latent advertising potential
- Online application for all recruitment process
- To impart soft skills to our staff we intend to impart regular training
- 917 safety work projects to eliminate over 3,000 unmanned crossings in all states
- PPP cell to be revamped to make it result oriented
- Railways can't function as business as usual mode
- To set up infra fund, JV with IRFC for long-term funding
RBI cuts repo rate by 25bps. EMIs likely to get cheaper 🕑 07 Feb,19 1:02p.m.
Budget 2019 expectations : IT exemption limit likely to be hiked to Rs 5 lakh 🕑 17 Jan,19 9:29p.m.
Researchers develop plants that can remove cancer-causing pollutants 🕑 27 Dec,18 12:59p.m.
6 months of aerobic exercise reverses brain ageing by 9 years 🕑 24 Dec,18 2:31p.m.
All you need to know about NPS changed withdrawal norms 🕑 24 Dec,18 11:47a.m.
Scientists succeed in destroying HIV-infected cells 🕑 22 Dec,18 10:22p.m.
Johnson and Johnson talcum powder samples seized across country for testing 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:26p.m.
Govt. for levy on petrol and diesel cars to push to push e-vehicles 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:20p.m.
Tax changes in 2018 that will affect you 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:09p.m.
Google maps now shows auto-rickshaw routes with estimated fares 🕑 19 Dec,18 11:53a.m.