OROP announcement - Key points
- The OROP will be implemented from July 1, 2014 and the base year would be 2013.
- The estimated cost to implement OROP would be between Rs 8,000 crore to Rs 10,000 crore.
- The pension of ex-servicemen will be revised every five years.
- Re-fixed pension will be the average of minimum and maximum pension in 2013.
- A one-member judicial committee will be constituted. This committee will be responsible of giving reports on equalisation period in 6 months.
- Personnel who retire voluntarily will not be covered under OROP scheme.
- OROP would be applicable for the disabled and war widows
- The OROP arrears will be paid in 4 half-yearly instalments.
- Those drawing pensions above the average will be protected.
- The soldiers who have died naturally during war will be a beneficiary of the OROP scheme and they will get the usual pension.
- All widows including war widows will be paid arrears in one instalment.
10 points on the NPS Tier II income tax saver scheme: 🕑 20 Aug,20 3:17p.m.
Interest on PPF and other small savings schemes slashed 🕑 01 Apr,20 1:17a.m.
CERT-In advises OnePlus users to alter passwords 🕑 27 Nov,19 1p.m.
Five new NPS rules you should be aware 🕑 06 Aug,19 1:09p.m.
RBI cuts repo rates to 6.25. Loans set to get cheaper 🕑 04 Apr,19 12:42p.m.
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute develops intravenous cancer drug 🕑 26 Mar,19 9:29p.m.
CPAO FAQ For the Beneficiaries Of NPS- Additional Relief Scheme 🕑 13 Mar,19 11:06p.m.
'One Nation One Card' mobility card launched 🕑 05 Mar,19 1:47p.m.
PFRDA working on minimum assured returns for NPS subscribers 🕑 24 Feb,19 1:58p.m.
EPFO's 8.65% interest rate for FY19 is actually equivalent to 13.5%. 🕑 24 Feb,19 11a.m.