OROP announcement - Key points
- The OROP will be implemented from July 1, 2014 and the base year would be 2013.
- The estimated cost to implement OROP would be between Rs 8,000 crore to Rs 10,000 crore.
- The pension of ex-servicemen will be revised every five years.
- Re-fixed pension will be the average of minimum and maximum pension in 2013.
- A one-member judicial committee will be constituted. This committee will be responsible of giving reports on equalisation period in 6 months.
- Personnel who retire voluntarily will not be covered under OROP scheme.
- OROP would be applicable for the disabled and war widows
- The OROP arrears will be paid in 4 half-yearly instalments.
- Those drawing pensions above the average will be protected.
- The soldiers who have died naturally during war will be a beneficiary of the OROP scheme and they will get the usual pension.
- All widows including war widows will be paid arrears in one instalment.
RBI cuts repo rate by 25bps. EMIs likely to get cheaper 🕑 07 Feb,19 1:02p.m.
Budget 2019 expectations : IT exemption limit likely to be hiked to Rs 5 lakh 🕑 17 Jan,19 9:29p.m.
Researchers develop plants that can remove cancer-causing pollutants 🕑 27 Dec,18 12:59p.m.
6 months of aerobic exercise reverses brain ageing by 9 years 🕑 24 Dec,18 2:31p.m.
All you need to know about NPS changed withdrawal norms 🕑 24 Dec,18 11:47a.m.
Scientists succeed in destroying HIV-infected cells 🕑 22 Dec,18 10:22p.m.
Johnson and Johnson talcum powder samples seized across country for testing 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:26p.m.
Govt. for levy on petrol and diesel cars to push to push e-vehicles 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:20p.m.
Tax changes in 2018 that will affect you 🕑 19 Dec,18 1:09p.m.
Google maps now shows auto-rickshaw routes with estimated fares 🕑 19 Dec,18 11:53a.m.