Union Home Minster Amit Shah on Saturday launched Ayushman CAPF scheme and said it will benefit around 10 lakh personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) personnel and their family members.
The scheme will provide cashless healthcare services to serving CAPF personnel from all seven forces – Assam Rifles, BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, NSG and SSB – and their dependents through Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY IT platform.
The Home Minister ceremoniously distributed the 'Ayushman CAPF' health cards among some personnel from the seven Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
An MoU was signed between the National Health Authority (NHA) and the Union Home Ministry in presence of Shah, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai and state Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma at the CRPF Group Centre in Guwahati.
Key features of the scheme:
- Comprehensive coverage of OPD, IPD and follow-ups
- Cashless treatment at empaneled private hospitals
- Portability to ensure access to health services across the country
- Paperless to ensure ease and convenience
- Dedicated call center for support and grievance redressal
- Well defined set of health benefits packages
- Pan India expansion of the scheme will be done in phased manner
How to Avail Cashless Benefit under Ayushman CAPF
Get Ayushman CAPF card
- Beneficiaries may collect the Ayushman CAPF e-card by the respective forces. The card may be activated at empaneled private hospital, post authentication using copy of Force ID and Aadhaar or Government approved photo ID.
- Alternatively, Ayushman CAPF e-card can be obtained from Pradhan Mantri Aarogya Mitra (PMAM) stationed at PM-JAY empaneled private hospital upon presenting the above mentioned documents.
Availing Cashless Medical Treatment
- The beneficiary may avail cashless medical treatment at CAPF or Government owned facilities free of cost, as per the existing guidelines.
- CAPF or Government owned facilities may refer the beneficiary to the empaneled private hospital where beneficiary may avail cashless medical treatment by registering* at the hospital using the activated Ayushman CAPF card.
Reimbursement for Self-Paid Medical Treatment
- The beneficiary may get reimbursement in following scenarios:
Self-paid services availed at CAPF or Government owned facilities (diagnostics, implants, medicines etc.)
Self-paid services availed at non-empaneled hospitals, in case of emergency
- To raise a request for reimbursement of claims, the beneficiary can login to the website (https://tms.pmjay.gov.in/) using Ayushman CAPF ID. Beneficiary will be required to provide requisite details and upload relevant documents such as prescription, referral, invoices etc. Upon approval, payment would be made to serving CAPF personnel’s bank account through UPI, as per applicable rates.