No. 1/3/2022-E-II (B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 3rd October, 2022.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 1/2/2022-E-II(B) dated 31.03.2022 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the rate of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees, shall be enhanced from 34% to 38% of the Basic Pay with effect from 1st July, 2022.
2. The term ‘Basic Pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(271).
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution of India.
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India (as per standard distribution list)
Copy to: C&AG, UPSC, etc. as per standard endorsement list.
Click here for copy of the order
🕑 19 Mar,23 11:52a.m.
No plans to link CGHS with Ayushman Bharat Health Account account
🕑 14 Mar,23 8:54p.m.
Cabinet likely to decide the Dearness Allowance hike tomorrow
🕑 13 Mar,23 9:21p.m.
Govt at Lok Sabha: DA / DR arrears are not considered feasible
🕑 11 Mar,23 10:13a.m.
RBE: Old Pension for railway staff whose posts notified before NPS
🕑 09 Mar,23 9:33p.m.
Clarification on handling railway mutual tansfer of the staff in Level-1
🕑 09 Mar,23 9:20p.m.
Notification on CCSs (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 2023
🕑 09 Mar,23 9:15p.m.
Railways to call 5 times the vacancies for 30% LDCE Promotions to Gr B posts
🕑 09 Mar,23 9:11p.m.
Sharing of family pension under Central Civil Services
🕑 05 Mar,23 6:31p.m.
Clarification on the provisions under Income Tax on NPS transactions
🕑 23 Feb,23 2:10p.m.
How to get higher EPFO pension: Explained
🕑 17 Feb,23 7:39p.m.
Budget effect: Banks offering up to 9.5% interest on term deposits
🕑 02 Feb,23 8:28p.m.
What is Senior Citizen Savings Scheme which brought cheers to Sr. Citizens?
🕑 02 Feb,23 1:42p.m.
An additional ₹ 1 can can cost you ₹25,000 in IT under the new tax regime
🕑 01 Feb,23 8:57p.m.
Who should opt for the new tax regime?
🕑 31 Jan,23 8:35p.m.
Budget 2023: Here Are 5 Expected Income Tax Announcements
🕑 28 Jan,23 8:19a.m.
What does ChatGPT says about union budget 2023?
🕑 18 Jan,23 4:53p.m.
Budget 2023 may see reduction in IT, more reliefs for the middle class: CNBC news
🕑 18 Jan,23 12:11p.m.
Explained: Income Tax Exemption Vs Rebate Vs Deductions
🕑 10 Jan,23 8:09p.m.
📈 Expected Dearness Allowance (DA) from January 2024 Calculator