F. No. 31011/11/2023 - Pers. Policy A-IV
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Pers. Policy A-1V Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated: 20th October, 2023
Subject: Modifications in instructions on booking of Air Tickets on Government Account in respect of Leave Travel Concession (LTC) — reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's OM No. 31011/12/2022-Estt.A-IV dated 29.08.2022 regarding instructions on booking of Air Tickets in respect of Leave Travel Concession (LTC). The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has been receiving a number of representations seeking clarifications on issues relating to the settlement of claims, particularly of those government employees who have not retained the screenshot of the concerned webpage of the authorised travel Agents (ATAs) during the booking of air tickets, as provided under the OM dated 29.8.2022 referred to above.
2. In view of the above, the matter has been examined and with the approval of competent authority, the following changes/modifications in the prescribed procedure are made for the convenience of Government employees: -
3. Further, all three ATAs have also been directed to allow the registration of those employees who do not have official email accounts provided their administrative office sends their details depicting their names, employee code no., private email IDs and mobile numbers, etc. to the travel agents for the purpose of booking the air tickets in respect of LTC journey.
4. For the sake of convenience, the links of the three authorized travel agents are as below: (i) ‘M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited’, BLCL (https://govemp.balmerlawrietravelapp.com), (ii) 'M/s Ashok Travels & Tours’, ‘ATT’ (https://www.attitdc.in) and (iii) Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd., IRCTC’ (https://www.air.irctc.co.in).
5. All the Ministries/Departments are once again advised to bring it to the notice of all their employees that any misuse of LTC shall be viewed seriously and appropriate action as deemed fit under the relevant rules will be taken against the defaulting employees. In order to keep a check on any kind of misuse of LTC, Ministries/Departments are advised to randomly get some of the air tickets submitted by the officials verified by the airlines concerned with regard to the actual cost of air travel vis-a-vis the cost indicated on the air. tickets submitted by the officials.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel: 2304 ****