State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a facility by which pensioners can generate life certificates through video calls. The Video Life Certificate allows pensioners to generate the life certificate document at the comfort at their homes through video calls.
In a press statement, the bank said that with this facility, customers can schedule a video call with SBI staff at their convenience. This way, they can complete the process of submitting the life certificate without having to visit the bank branch.
Steps to submit life certificate through video call.
- Goto official SBI Pension Seva Portal (https://www.pensionseva.sbi/) and click on ‘VideoLC’ to initiate the VLC process.
- Enter your SBI Pension Account Number and enter the one-time password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number.
- Read and accept the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and click on ‘Start Journey’.
- Keep your original PAN Card handy and click on ‘I am Ready’.
- Now allow permission to start the video call and your interaction will begin as soon as an SBI official is available. You can also set a schedule to interact according to your convenience.
- The available SBI official will ask you to read out the 4-digit verification code on your screen.
- Now show your PAN Card to the official and allow him or her to capture it.
- Now the official will capture your picture and the Video Life Certificate (VLC) will be complete.
- In case of rejection, you will be informed by the bank via SMS and alternatively, you can visit your pension paying branch, nearest branch for submission of your life certificate.